PART – III Language – II : ENGLISH
Q. Which of the following sentences has been punctuated correctly?
- Renu said “Give me a pen a pencil and a book.”
- Renu said, “Give me a pen, a pencil and a book.”
- Renu said Give me a pen, a pencil and a book.
- Renu said give me a pen a pencil and a book.
Q. Fill in the blank in the following sentence with the correct alternative :
I did not inform ______ at all.
Q. The antonym of ‘Justice’ is
Q. The synonym of ‘Adroit’ is
Q. Which alternative is the correct indirect form of the sentence ?
He said to me, “When will you come back ?”
- He asked to me when I would go back.
- He asked me when he would go back.
- He asked me when I would go back.
- He asked me when you would go back.
Q. Complete the following sentence with the most appropriate word :
Priya is not ______ for this kind of a job.
- cut through
- cut out
- cut in
- cut up
Q. Which of the following nouns is a material noun ?
Q. Which of the following is a grammatically acceptable sentence ?
- Give me four five rupees notes.
- Give me four fives rupees notes.
- Give me four five rupee note.
- Give me four five rupee notes.
Q. Identify the subject of the verb following sentence :
Every boy along with his parents is with in the next room.
- His parents
- Boy along with
- Every boy along with his parent
Q. Which of the following sentence has adjective clause ?
- I bought a chain and it was beautiful.
- I bought a beautiful chain.
- I bought a chain which was beautiful.
- I bought a chain because it was beautiful.
Q. Fill in the blank with the right word the alternatives :
Sardar Patel _____________ the farmers of B in their fight against the government
Q. Choose the masculine gender from options given below :
Q. Which of the following sentences has request ?
- “I got the concert tickets !”
- How fast you ran !
- “Could I borrow some money from please ?”
- Wish you a happy journey together.
Q. Which of the following word does not silent letter/letters ?
Q. Which conjunction will be the most appropriate to join the following sentences ?
You will not succeed. You work harder
- none of these
Q. Change the following sentence into Active voice :
The bird was killed by a cruel boy.
- A cruel boy killed the bird.
- A cruel boy was killed the bird.
- A boy killed the cruel bird.
- A cruel boy had killed the bird.
Q. Change the following sentence into Passive voice :
He kept me waiting.
- I waited by him.
- I was kept waiting by him.
- I was waited by him.
- I had been waited by him.
Q. Which of the following sentences has a ‘modal verb’?
- Her sister known to me.
- She comes here to study.
- You must improve your spelling.
- Seeing is believing.
Q. Fill in the blank in the following sentence with the correct word from the alternatives :
He solved all the questions with _____________.
Q. Fill in the blank with the correct form of pronoun in the following sentence :
Rama and _________ were present.
- None of these
- Both and
Q. Which part of speech is the word ‘ingenious’?
Q. The feminine gender of the word ‘Bachelor’ is
Q. Change the following sentence into a negative one :
This boy plays football.
- This boy do not plays football.
- This boy does not play football.
- This boy not plays football.
- This boy no plays football.
Q. Change the following sentence into a question :
Madhusudan knows how to cheat.
- Does Madhusudan know how to cheat?
- Do Madhusudan knows how to cheat ?
- What Madhusudan knows how to cheat?
- Does Madhusudan knows how to cheat?
Q. Which suffix should be used to pluralize the following word ?
- – en
- – ren
- – s
Direction: Read the following stanza carefully and answer the questions (Question Nos. 86 and 87) that follow it :
Break, break, break,
On thy cold gray stones, o Sea !
And I would that my tongue could utter
The thoughts that arise in me.
Q. What is the meaning of the word utter’?
Q. What is the mood of the poet ?
- None of these
- Both and
Direction : Read the passage given below and answer the questions (Question Nos. 88 and 89) that follow it : The first step is for us to realize that a city need not to be a frustrater of life; it can be among other things, a mechanism for enhancing life, for producing possibilities of living which are not to be realized except through cities. But, for that to happen, deliberate and drastic planning is needed. Towns as much as animals, must have their systems of organs – those for transport and circulation are an obvious example.
Q. Which one of the following has the opposite meaning to the word ‘frustrater’ in the passage ?
Q. The word ‘drastic’ in the passage means
Q. Fill in the blanks with correct preposition :
Napoleon had genius ________ military tactics, without doubt he is genius ____ Mathematics.
- at, in
- in, at
- for, in
- in, for